Hands-on Training with Our Latest Software
These popular workshops are an opportunity for current and prospective Concepts NREC software users to obtain hands-on training in the latest versions of the Agile Engineering Design System® for axial and radial turbomachines. Workshops typically draw a diverse and active group of both experienced and new turbomachinery designers who want or need to be current in this versatile, powerful, state-of-the-art turbomachinery design and analysis software. Workshop participants are eligible to receive a free 30-day trial software license.
Standard Instruction with Customized Content
The workshop topics are designed to meet the requirements of design engineers from experts to those with limited design knowledge. To assure needs are met, registered participants are strongly encouraged to specify their particular areas of interest. Workshop participants interact directly with Concepts NREC design engineers and development staff, as well as current users, to allow a complete exploration of the software’s capabilities including future planned enhancements.
Schedule of Online Design Software Workshops
In addition to accommodating specific requests by participants and focusing on areas of particular interest, design software workshops provide hands-on instruction in the capabilities of advanced design software for axial and radial turbomachines, including compressors, pumps, and turbines.
- Week One: Day 1&2 - Meanline Design & Analysis
- Week One: Day 3&4 - AxCent: Blade Design, Streamline Curvature, CFD (FINE/Turbo)
- Week One: Day 5 - CFD Analysis (FINE/Open), Optimization (TurboOPT II)
- Week Two: Day 6 -FEA Analysis (pbFEA), Rotor dynamics (DyRoBeS)
- Week Two: Day 7&8 - Design Examples, Q & A, Discussion
- Week Two: Day 9&10 - One-Hour One-on-One Sessions
2020 & 2021 Registration
Please select from the dates below to start your registration. All the times are EDT/EST.
- December 7 - 18, 2020 (9 am - 12 pm EST, Mon - Fri)
- April 5 - 16, 2021 (9 am - 12 pm EDT, Mon - Fri)
- June 14 - 25, 2021 (9 am - 12 pm EDT, Mon - Fri)
- September 13 - 24, 2021 (9 am - 12 pm EDT, Mon - Fri)
- December 6 - 17, 202 (9 am - 12 pm EST, Mon - Fri)
Full Sessions: $1,200
Partial Sessions (One Topic): $300
Registration will be closed one week in advance, the training schedule will be finalized two weeks in advance and no changes will be made after this.
APS Member Discount Pricing
APS members with multiple employees attending should use code DSWAPS1or2 for the first two registrations to receive a 50% discount. Use code DSWAPS3or4 for third and fourth registrations to receive a 25% discount. For 5 or more attendees, please contact us for special pricing.
Please use any applicable discount code in the order summary area in your cart. Discount eligibility will be verified by Concepts NREC. If you are not eligible for a discount, the order will be canceled and you will need to re-order at full price.
To use your discount code, please click on "Order Summary" and enter the correct code in the box labeled "Discount":
Note: Payment is processed through a third-party vendor.