February 26-29, 2024
Booth # 4628
VAROC AIR DYNAMOMETERS FROM CONCEPTS NREC
Portable Turboshaft Engine Testing in Any Climate
The VAROC Air Dynamometer has been used by military and commercial organizations throughout the world for over 40 years. It has established a new standard for testing turboshaft engines for helicopters, power generation and marine applications.
Branches of the US military use the VAROC to test Apache, Black Hawk, and Chinook engines before they are reinstalled to help ensure the safety of the pilots and crew. Recently, the Swedish Navy purchased a VAROC to to help with their Visby Class Corvette, the first vessel in the world to have fully developed stealth technology.
Our patented product design uses ambient air as the fluid medium, which provides significant advantages over other types of dynamometers, including water brakes. Some of the VAROC Air Dynamometer benefits are:
- Flexible installation in for use in fixed test-cell installations or mobile field applications
- No extensive support equipment required
- Operational in any climate, extreme heat, cold, arid or humid
- No potentially hazardous materials produced, so no need for contaminated water remediation, etc.
- Easy to operate & maintain