Roughing Strategy for MAX-PAC™
Concepts NREC's optional 3+2 Roughing Module enables roughing out of impellers using 3-axis algorithms, keeping a constant tool vector. This strategy optimizes the toolpath to provide constant cutting load, making it suitable for high speed machining. This is extremely helpful for large (>0.5 m) diameter impellers and/or hard materials where roughing using the 5-axis strategies of MAX-PAC is less efficient.
- Achieve faster roughing using 3-axis toolpaths at an arbitrary angle (3+2)
- Provides consistent cutting conditions enabling greater feed rates as well as longer tool and machine life.
- Helical entry provides smooth engagement of the cutter and eliminates the need for drilling
- Save 5-axis machining time by performing roughing operations on 3-axis machines
- Save programming time by calculating roughing toolpaths together with finish toolpaths in the same software package on the same geometry
- Reduce software costs by eliminating the need for a separate package to calculate 3+2 roughing toolpaths
How can we help you? Contact us today to discuss your CAM software needs.