Blade Geometry and Rapid Flow Analysis
AxCent® is used for detailed 3D geometric design and for rapid flow analysis of multistaged axial and radial turbomachinery through streamline curvature. AxCent employs powerful features for axial, mixed-flow, and radial geometries that can be combined to design almost any turbomachinery.
Blade GeometryAxCent easily handles the most complex blade geometry. A partial list of blade design features include:
- Blade stacking of 2D cross sections
- Blade restaggering around an arbitrary axis
- Bowed blading defined by hub-to-shroud bow profiles
- Bowed or sculpted element with arbitrary number of mid-span sections
- Variable tip clearance on either end of the blade
- Flow cuts and radial trims
- Swept leading/trailing edges
- Multiple, offset, and independent splitter blades
- Irregular blade/splitter configurations for noise reduction
- Parameterized volute geometry generation
- Split duct geometry
- Fillets with constant or variable radius and aspect ratio
- Cutaway view allows real-time cross sections to be viewed as the design is edited
- 3D overlays permit viewing of current, real-time changes on a transparent overlay
Flow analysisAxCent includes several options for real-time interactive flow analysis utilizing a number of CFD solvers:
- Inviscid streamline curvature solvers are the industry standard for centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Blade-to-blade is a powerful and rapid 2D blade-to-blade solver for quickly evaluating cross sections
- Throughflow is an axisymmetric throughflow solver for rapid analysis of axial flow in compressors and turbines using industry-standard loss and deviation models
- Full 3D CFD with an advanced full Navier-Stokes solver for comprehensive analysis
Direct Integration to Other ProgramsAxCent works through direct links with all Concepts NREC meanline programs including:
- COMPAL (radial compressors)
- PUMPAL (radial pumps)
- RITAL (radial turbines)
- FANPAL (axial and radial fans)
- AXIAL (axial and radial compressors and turbines)
- FINE/pbCFD and FINE™/Turbo (flow analysis)
- TurboOPT II (optimization)
AxCent can be started from any Concepts NREC meanline program (once the geometry has been set up), and can link the AxCent geometry back to the meanline design to rerun the analysis and regenerate the performance maps. Additionally, using TurboOPT II, the AxCent geometry can be linked to an internal optimizer or to a third-party optimizer such as Isight™, VisualDOC, and IOSO.
Stress Analysis Integration
AxCent is fully integrated with Concepts NREC FEA stress analysis programs, Pushbutton FEA™. FEA stress, thermal and modal analysis can be conducted directly through the AxCent interface.
AxCent Interface to other ProgramsAxCent is also compatible with many commercial and open source software packages. Some examples include:
- FLUENT®. Direct export of geometry or CFD grids through native FLUENT format files
- OpenFOAM®. Export of grid files and importation of output files through OpenFOAM formats
- CAD Systems. Export of IGES and STEP formats for seamless integration with virtually any CAD package
- Isight. Link to Isight optimization via XML format or directly through Concepts NREC’s TurboOPT IIoptimization software
- Import-export formats with Python scripting, XML format options, various other file output for seamless export to Concepts NREC CAM programs (the MAX-PAC suite)
AxCent has been continuously improved with annual releases since 1983. Nearly two hundred licenses shared by nearly four hundred users worldwide make AxCent the most mature and robust turbomachinery design software available today. Each year, the most requested features from Concepts NREC’s formal ballot process are incorporated into the new AxCent release.
Our support staff in North America, Europe, and the Far East includes experienced turbomachinery designers. Our software maintenance plan, Agile Products Support (APS), features traditional software upgrades, a help line, and regular design reviews conducted by our engineering staff, who also teaches our renowned turbomachinery courses.
Documentation features make AxCent easy to use and include comprehensive HTML HELP plus step-by-step tutorials. User guides for designing radial and axial machines include Designing Axial Machines With AxCent and Designing Radial Machines With AxCent. Both guides are available in print or in searchable PDF format.
How can we help you? Contact us today to discuss your CAE software needs.
COMPAL, Pushbutton CFD, and PUMPAL are registered trademarks of Concepts NREC, LLC. AXIAL, FANPAL, RITAL, TurboOPT II, Pushbutton FEA are trademarks of Concepts NREC, LLC. FLUENT is a registered trademark of ANSYS, Inc. OpenFOAM is a registered trademark of OpenCFD Ltd. Isight is a trademark of Dassault Systèmes.