FINE/Agile™ is the product of a strong partnership between NUMECA International and Concepts NREC, bringing together the best-in-class preliminary turbomachinery design tools and the fastest and most accurate CFD suite as recognized by the worldwide turbomachinery community. FINE/Agile™ combines the NUMECA Flow Integrated Numerical Environment with Concepts NREC’s Agile Engineering Design System®.
The Agile Engineering Design System is the only commercially available turbomachinery design system that encompasses and integrates the complete engineering process through a complementary suite of tools and programs for Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE). Integrated elements of the system include preliminary design and detailed design.
FINE™/Turbo is the fastest CFD suite for rotating machinery with incompressible and compressible fluids, from subsonic to hypersonic flow regimes. All types of multi-stage axial, radial or mixed-flow configurations are supported: compressors, turbines, pumps, fans, propellers or contra-rotating propellers. From meshing to results visualization, the FINE™/Turbo application-oriented graphical user interface is intuitive, enabling fast project set-up and analysis.
FINE/Agile™ is available in five specialized configurations for your specific application: radial and mixed-flow compressors; radial, mixed-flow, axial pumps; radial and mixed-flow turbines; radial and mixed-flow fans; axial compressors and turbines. All of these configurations can be easily expanded to allow for multiple applications.
The design and simulation process is streamlined with:
- Meanline Design: Determine design layout & sizing (on 1D basis for all components) for radial machines or determine geometry at mean, hub and tip locations for axial machines. Meanline options include:
- AxCent®: 3D detailed design for geometry and blading including throughflow, 2D blade-to-blade and streamline curvature calculation
- AutoGrid5™: Automated grid generator for turbomachinery configuration, delivers the highest quality structured meshes with minimum user input. Its Wizard mode handles all types of rotating machinery configurations and complexities.
- FINE™/Turbo flow solver: 3D Navier-Stokes flow solver, recognized as the fastest and most accurate for turbomachinery configurations. Acceleration of several orders of magnitude is achieved thanks to the CPUBooster™ technique, NLH approach and HPC scalability.
- CFView™: Advanced post-processing tool, provides dedicated flow visualization and analysis outputs in an easy-to-use turbomachinery-oriented mode.
- Post-processing module, pbPost™, enables users to launch NUMECA International's FINE™/Turbo from within the AxCent® environment. It can also import the CFD results generated by FINE/Turbo back into the AxCent viewing environment.
- Meanline design for all major turbomachinery configurations.
- Detailed 3D design for geometry and blading using AxCent®, including through flow, 2D blade-to-blade and streamline curvature calculation.
- Ultra fast CFD solvers using CPU Booster™ technology and Non-Linear Harmonic method for unsteady simulations.
- Seamless integration with FINE™/Design3D for optimization and our unique Uncertainty Quantification module
How can we help you? Contact us today to discuss your CAE software needs.